Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Proffesor and the Offender

Dating stateside continued...

Met Professor Umbridge through a friend, fist impressions weren't great, however went along with it and was having a fine old time, until he began to show that he was an unstable maniac! Complete selfish human being, for the last few weeks of our short stint, i would be waiting around for him, but god forbid i didn't text him straight back or be at his complete beck and call and all hell would break lose. So decided enough was enough and scraped my battered ego and remains of dignity off the floor and decided it was time to move on...

This is where ex-offender comes in, a customer at my bar, sort of cute if you're desperate and looking for someone so low on the food chain to pick up all doubts created by another fucker and make you feel gorgeous (gasp!... now breathe) I was trying my best to flirt with him, when his girlfriend walks in, a mere child... This will be easy! He he!

Two days later i get a call from my boss, saying ex-offender had dumped the child and wanted my number. So we met in a bar, there were no seats so he suggested another place. We're having a perfectly nice time, ex-offender likes to talk about himself a great deal and is very expressive vocally, almost like tourettes. But of course things can't be simple can they? A figure approaches us asking if we've seen a coat, its only one of professor Umbridge's band mate, OK, that's fine he may not recognize me, (try to avoid speaking so as not to flash the accent) I begin to realize things may not be that fine as a great deal of band equipment starts entering the bar, this does not look good! I ask a fellow patron if they know if a band is playing and who this band is? Of course it would be Professor's... fuck, in all the bars of Brooklyn! i grab ex offender, telling him we need to leave now, and pretty much sprint out of the bar, straight past Professor Umbridge who is too busy being self absorbed to notice me...phew!

Now, bearing in mind ex-offender had been employed to serve as a well needed distraction for professor (in the space of a couple of days) me turning up on a date where he is playing is not a good look. Total restraining order behavior, I'm not saying that such a thing is out of the realm of my mind, def something i would probably entertain the idea of, however, this time it was simply a case of bad luck!

No comments: